Friday, August 9, 2013

Flash Friday

It's that time again, Flash Fiction Friday. This week's piece is also from the writing prompt, "You find a package with nothing but your name on it."

Package
Rick Powell



July 12, 2013
This is my confession in the death of Judith Robinson. I do not know how long I have left. I feel the poison going through my system as I write this. My hand is still burning from the needle after it pierced my left hand. I hope to finish this statement before I pass out. Yeah, I killed her. Me. Johnathon Edwards of 131 Maple Street in Monince, Delaware. I killed her by strangulation on June 6th, 2013. I killed her in the back of the Chemistry Room 101 in the Monince College Campus. I do not know how she managed it. I know it was her. No one could have done this to me. She always said she would never die without me. I had no idea what I got myself into when I fell in love with her. She loved me even more. I tried breaking it off so many times when the love faded. She wouldn't let go. She would not stop loving me. Even when I could not take it anymore and had my hands squeezing her neck, she never screamed or even showed any fear. Just her smile. She was strange. She was different. I wish I knew then what I know now. I wish I could think clearly. I am following the instructions in the package I opened up 3 hours ago that just had JOHN written on it that was left at the door of my dorm. The box is on the counter along with the note she left with the instructions to write this confession. The syringe is on the table after I pulled it out of the packing peanuts. I knew she would get me. God help me, I knew. Look at the date on the package. Look at when it was mailed. I could not have believed it myself. There was no way I could have been free after what I did. Look at the letter. That is her writing. I know her writing. That package was mailed 2 weeks after her death!
Hard to breathe god forgive m

No comments:

Post a Comment