Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: "Graveyard Blues" by Brian Bowyer

This review is from: GRAVEYARD BLUES (Kindle Edition)

Out of the gate allow me to say that GRAVEYARD BLUES is a must-read, period. I've always been a fan of crime fiction, but I've never read anything like this. After I finished it, I felt as if some demented dentist had gone crazy on me with Novocain, leaving me speechless. When I was able to babble, I called a friend and said, "You HAVE to read this story."

Okay: about the story. Reading GRAVEYARD BLUES is like driving at night very fast down a narrow street that you fully expect to end in a steel wall standing in the center of the road, only to have that narrow street branch off onto another street you never even saw coming. I laughed, I cringed, I cried, I cheered, and I can't tell you how many times I went back and reread sentences aloud for the simple reason that I loved the way they sounded.

It's a crime story. It's a revenge story. It's a love story--a tale about love lost and love found again. It's a story about karma, and yet how sometimes bad things happen to good people for seemingly no reason whatsoever. It's also a tale of unforgettable characters.

Shockingly dark, heartbreakingly nostalgic, and at times horrifically violent, GRAVEYARD BLUES--in my opinion--defies categorization.

5 stars and easily one of my favorite stories ever.

http://www.amazon.com/GRAVEYARD-BLUES-ebook/dp/B006OGFOSC/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354501914&sr=1-1&keywords=graveyard+blues+by+brian+bowyer

No comments:

Post a Comment