Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Author Interview: Walki Freedreamer Tinkanesh

1. Please tell us a little known fact about you.

While I am a chocolate addict, chocolate is not my favorite ice cream flavor. I prefer pistachio
and coffee.


2. What was your favorite genre to read growing up? Is this the genre you currently write in?

As a child, I loved reading The Famous Five by Enid Blyton. As a teenager, I was reading
novels about boy scouts and girl scouts. No, I do not write about siblings, or teenagers camping
in the wild. I involve monsters in my writings because monsters help me to bend genres and
genders.


3. What inspires you to write?

The Universe.

4. What sort of atmosphere do you need to write?

I still have to find it! But occasionally insomnia helps.


5. What is your all time favorite book?

Maybe ‘The Northern Girl’ by Elizabeth A. Lynn (however I could mention a few). This one
is a fantasy novel first published in 1980 I think. It is a feminist fantasy novel mostly set in a
city called Kendra On The Delta that haunted me since the first time I ever read this book back
in the late 80’s. The style is captivating and wrapped up with musical words and legendary
loyalties.


6. Who is your all time favorite character that is not your own?

I believe it is currently Morte from Elyse Draper’s (long) short story ‘I Am Morte’. I am
fascinated by the portrayal and the genderlessness of death in this story. It is written in a
soberly elegant style with words as precise as a scalpel. The fact that death fascinates me
certainly is a factor in my answer to this question.


7. Who is your favorite character of your own creation?

Maybe Hillary from my short story ‘End of the World’. She is a vet because she prefers animals
to people. It is a profession I considered a long time ago. Also, Hillary drives my current
favorite car (I don’t drive).


8. When did you decide to become a writer?

I think I always wanted to write, even if learning to write was a slow and painful process, even
if gaining the experience of life necessary to write properly took a great while to gather.


9. Where are you from?

Where I am from is irrelevant as it doesn’t define me.

10. Why do you write?

I write because I need to. It is one aspect of creative expression, along with music and art, and
creative expression seems to be central to my life. I write because it helps me to comprehend the
world, people, and myself. Sometimes I write to exorcise people’s projections.


11. What’s the best piece of writing advice you have ever been given?

Insomnia: “Write now. You know you want to.”

12. What’s the worst thing someone has ever said about your work?

(About one of my short story) “That’s too many characters! You should cut down!”

13. Has your writing ever been compared to another, famous author? If so, who?

While my music work at some point earned me a comparison to Patti Smith (one of my favorite
musicians), I don’t remember being compared to any famous author.


14. ~ What is your favorite meal?

Pancakes. As long as I am not exhausted, I make great buckwheat pancakes, with raisins.

‘Outsider’ blurb: Rooted in the music scene of London, UK, and inspired by a life-long passion for
music and a peculiar interest in private dark sides, ‘Outsider’ is a study of human emotions,
disturbed by vampires and punctuated with rock music.
Sid is a medicated musician who has lost her rhythm, but strangely is finding her voice as a
writer. Her involvement in this story starts when she attends one of Second Look’s gigs for the
first time. The rock band inspires her to write short stories sprinkled with monsters.
For Joy, the bored blood-drinker, it might have started when a powerful vampire turned her
into a creature of the night at the dawn of the 20th century. Death would probably claim that it
started at Sid’s birth, when she thought this soul would make a perfect travelling companion.
For Toni and Dee-Dee, it was the night the mighty predator made the unwilling musician into
an extremely angry fledgling. The entity known as Life, meddling with mortals’ private lives
and nights, clinched her own private deal.
The curious Sid wonders and inquires about vampires. The cynical Joy rediscovers the art of
feeling and finds herself willing to protect her mortal lover, even against an over-righteous
vampire.
Is everything as it seems? Is everyone as they appear? With offbeat sense of humor and twisted
realism, the author guides you down a trail of bodies (alive, dead and undead) until the final
showdown.

 ‘Army of Skeletons’ blurb: Shaddock is a musician on the anarchist scene. One night she meets an
intriguing womon. When she finds her again, and when her friend Taylor meets someone, too,
their lives take a weird turn.......



 ‘The Green Loch’ blurb: Jax is an artist and a musician. She sculpts monsters out of wood. She is also a
lonely person who generally shies away from crowds. One evening she notices someone in her
local pub.







My Smashwords page with links for my novel ‘Outsider’ and my short stories ‘Army of Skeletons’
and ‘The Green Loch’ as downloads.

The Lulu link for my novel ‘Outsider’ as a paperback.

My Amazon Kindle page with links for my novel ‘Outsider’, and the anthology ‘No One Makes It Out
Alive’ featuring two of my short stories.

Facebook ‘like’ page for writing, music, and art.

Twitter: @LordWalkiWolf

LinkedIn page.

My Google+ page.

Author bio: Little is known about the apparently quiet W. Freedreamer Tinkanesh. The few unearthed
bones are still disconnected: dreams, books, no gender, tattoos, wolves, invisible energies,
permanent puzzlement. W would be (in alphabetical order) a versatile artist, a chocolate fiend,
an independent musician, and a tree hugger.
The cats know more, but refuse to talk: one will stare you down; the other one will fight you.
W’s writings have appeared in unknown, obscure zines and in the last ten years in various
anthologies: ‘Write Now’ (UK, 2001), ‘Threads’ (UK, 2009, edited by Cassandra Lee aka
Shawn-A-Lee McCutcheon-Bell), ‘Eclectica’ (2011, edited by Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc), 'No
One Makes It Out Alive (2012, edited by Hydra M. Star).
W. Freedreamer Tinkanesh is currently a member of The Bermondsey Square Writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment